Skip to content
Jimboomba Netball Association
Fast Five Rules Juniors
- Players born 2004 – 2008 are eligible to play
- Each team may consist of up to eight players, male or female
- You must have a minimum of four players on the court
- There are three playing positions in each team whose playing areas are the same as in Netball:
- Goal Attack (GA), Centre (C), Goal Defence (GD).
- Goal Shooter (GS) has the same playing area as Goal Attack (GA)
- Goal Keeper (GK) has the same playing area as Goal Defender (GD)
- A maximum of 2 males may be on the court at the same time
- They cannot both play in the same goal circle at the same time. i.e. two boys cannot play GS and GA or GD and GK
- Only the GS and GA are permitted to shoot for goal. (This includes attempts outside of the circle)
- The teams’ playing uniforms must meet the normal JNA night season rules
- The game consists of four quarters of ten minutes each, with an interval of one minute between quarters. Teams shall change ends each quarter.
- Before the start of the game the Captains shall toss for choice of goal end.
- The team winning the coin toss shall:
- Choose goal end for the start of play
- Take the first Centre Pass in the first and third quarters
- The team losing the coin toss shall:
- Take the first Centre Pass in the second and fourth quarters
- All other Centre Passes shall be taken by the team that did not score the last goal
- Substitutions may be made at intervals or at any time during play and there is no limit to the number that can be made. At all times the players must meet the requirements specified in the Team Rules.
- All other Netball Australia rules apply.
SCORING A GOAL
- Each successful goal will score a number of goal points as specified below:
- 3 goal points: the shot (known as a Super Shot) is deemed to have been made from outside the Goal Circle – this means the player who takes the shot shall not have any contact with the ground inside the Goal Circle during the catching of the ball or whilst holding it;
- 1 goal point: the shot is deemed to have been made from the inside the Goal Circle.
EXTRA TIME – FINALS ONLY (no extra time in regular games)
- When scores are tied at the end of the fourth quarter:
- Play will stop and players remain in position on Court (no change of ends) • The Captains will toss for the next Centre Pass;
- Play will recommence for a period of one minute. If at the end of this period, one team is leading, this team will be declared the winner;
- If the scores are tied at the end of this period, play will continue until one team scores a goal